TEACHER’S RESOURCE BOOK
Explore with Me Teacher’s Resource Books provide a wide range of resource material to successfully teach and implement the SESE programme:
- Yearly Plans, Curriculum Overview, Aistear Overview (Junior and Senior Infants), Monthly Plans, Individual Lesson Plans, Class Assessment Record (Junior Infants to Second Class) Photocopiable Masters (PCMs), Fortnightly Overviews.
- To facilitate planning, the yearly, monthly, fortnightly and individual lesson plans are available in an editable format.
- Individual Lesson Plans cover the following:
- Curriculum Information Differentiation
- Skills Assessment
- Vocabulary Extension Ideas
- FYI Integration
- Lesson Outline
- Key Questions (Think like a Scientist, Think like a Geographer, Think like a Historian)
- Photocopiable masters (PCMs) are included and referenced within the relevant lesson plan.
- An easy-to-use monthly Class Assessment Record can be used to monitor progress using the tick, dot, dash system (Junior Infants to Second Class).
- A KWL chart (First to Sixth Class) is available in both digital and
- Curriculum objectives are listed for each chapter (Third to Sixth Class).
- A Guide to Virtual Field Trips is provided (Third to Sixth Class).
- Contains STEAM activities for each chapter (Third to Sixth Class).
- Features a differentiation toolkit and an assessment toolkit (Third to Sixth).
Teachers can access the Explore with Me interactive e-books at www.edcolearning.ie, plus a bank of free digital resources, including:
- Fun and engaging thematic posters and end of unit quizzes to reinforce thematic posters and end of unit quizzes to reinforce thematic learning (Third to Sixth Class)
- Exciting activities to consolidate learning
- Interactive mapping zone for Geography
- Videos, animations, audio clips, slideshows and PowerPoints to enhance pupil learning and engagement
- Editable lesson plans and planning overviews